Battery powered leaf blowers are leagues better than their corded and gas alternatives for multiple reasons. Of course, all of them have their pros and cons, but since battery powered has improved enough to become a main tool, its viability is unmatched. This list will help you find not only the best battery powered leaf blower, but what to look for in each leaf blower.
- 1 Top 10 Battery Powered Leaf Blowers
- 2 How To Choose the Best Battery Powered Leaf Blower
- 3 Battery Powered Leaf Blower Reviews
- 3.1 1. WORX TURBINE 56V Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor, 125 MPH and 465 CFM Output with TURBO Boost and Variable Speed – WG591
- 3.2 2. EGO 142 MPH 575 CFM Variable-Speed 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Leaf Blower with 5.0 Ah Battery
- 3.3 3. Echo CBL-58V2AH Leaf Blower
- 3.4 4. BLACK+DECKER LSW36 40V Lithium Ion Cordless Sweeper
- 3.5 5. DEWALT DCBL790M1 40V MAX 4.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower
- 3.6 6. Ryobi RY40402A 155 mph 300 CFM 40-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Jet Fan Blower
- 3.7 7. GreenWorks 24252 G-MAX 40V 150 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower, (2Ah) Battery and Charger Included
- 3.8 8. Oregon Cordless 40V Max BL300 Blower Kit with 4.0 Ah Battery Pack and Standard Charger
- 3.9 9. Makita XBU02PTX1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Blower Kit & Brushless Angle Grinder (5.0 Ah)
- 3.10 Our Pick
- 3.11 WORX TURBINE 56V Cordless Blower
Top 10 Battery Powered Leaf Blowers
|Image||Product Name||Miles Per Hour/Cubic Feet per Minute|
|WORX TURBINE 56V Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor, 125 MPH and 465 CFM Output with TURBO Boost and Variable Speed – WG591||125 MPH/465 CFM|
|EGO 142 MPH 575 CFM Variable-Speed 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Leaf Blower with 5.0 Ah Battery||142 MPH/575CFM|
|Echo CBL-58V2AH Leaf Blower||Not reported|
|BLACK+DECKER LSW36 40V Lithium Ion Cordless Sweeper||Not reported|
|DEWALT DCBL790M1 40V MAX 4.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower||120 MPH/400 CFM|
|Greenworks 40V 150 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower, 2.0 AH Battery Included 24252||150 MPH/135 CFM|
|Oregon Cordless 40V Max BL300 Blower Kit with 4.0 Ah Battery Pack and Standard Charger||132 MPH/507 CFM|
|Makita XBU02PTX1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Blower Kit & Brushless Angle Grinder (5.0 Ah)||120 MPH/473 CPM|
How To Choose the Best Battery Powered Leaf Blower
Because there are so many battery powered leaf blowers on the market, and gas/electric leaf blowers in general, knowing how to choose the best battery powered leaf blower is essential. Here are some things to keep an eye out for when purchasing.
Advantages of a Battery Powered Leaf Blower
Besides being able to carry it wherever you’d like, a battery powered leaf blower has a ton of advantages over the other types. Batteries are rechargeable, meaning you aren’t wasting any money on gas or dragging a power cable with you everywhere – also saving money on extension cords. Battery powered is both quieter and lighter than a gas mower, so you can do you leaf blowing any time of any day, and you aren’t spewing any toxins into the environment while using one.
Miles Per Hour
The speed of a battery blower is an important aspect to keep an eye on. It’s also important to know that a higher miles per hour doesn’t necessarily equate to a better battery leaf blower. Miles per hour describes how quickly the air moves out of the leaf blower tube. However, volume (or cubic feet per minute) needs to balance out with this.
The best battery powered leaf blowers run at at least 80 miles per hour.
Cubic Feet per Minute
Cubic feet per minute is the best measurement of a battery leaf blower. Essentially, it’s how useful the blower actually is, as this stat is the measure of how much volume the air blowing out of the blower contains per minute. The more volume, the more leaves it’ll blow at once.
The best battery powered leaf blower has a CFM of at least 250.
Volts directly translate to how much power the battery powered leaf blower outputs. The more volts, the more power, the more cubic feet per minute, and the more leaves you’re blowing – saving you precious time. Battery volts can range anywhere from 18 to 80 volts, but the best performing ones are a minimum of 40 volts.
Also known as battery charge, the run time is how long your battery will power the leaf blower before needing to be recharged. This is also an essential statistic for battery powered leaf blowers, as all types of things contribute to it. It can be hard for manufacturers to determine exact run time due to the batteries size, the temperature it’s being used it, and how quick the user has the lawn mowers speed at. You must wait to recharge the battery until it has been fully drained if you want it to last as long as possible.
The best battery powered leaf blowers run for at least 30 minutes.
There are a ton of battery powered leaf blower brands on the market, and it’s important to know which are the best to keep an eye on. The following is a list of the top 10 brands on the market:
- SUN JOE
Battery Powered Leaf Blower Reviews
1. WORX TURBINE 56V Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor, 125 MPH and 465 CFM Output with TURBO Boost and Variable Speed – WG591
The WORX TURBINE 56V Cordless blower comes with a brushless motor, works up to 125 miles per hour and outputs at 465 cubic feet per minute. It features a TURBINE fan technology for a forceful, high-capacity air volume, and contains a hyper-stream air nozzle for extra tough situations.
It comes in at only 8.1 pounds, and is ergonomically designed for even weight distribution so it can be used longer without fatiguing. This blower has a variable speed control with a TURBO boost easily accessible via one-hand operation. It contains a key-hole shaped cutout so you can hang it on any existing hooks, and has a powerful 56V MaxLithium battery for ultimate cordless convenience and quick clean up. However, it’s important to note that the battery should only be charged 90 minutes at a time, and anything more than that will void a warranty. It comes with a 3 year warranty upon purchase.
- 56V Cordless blower/brushless motor
- Goes up to 125 miles per hour
- 465 cubic feet per minute
- TURBINE fan technology and hyper-stream air nozzle
- 1 pounds – ergonomically designed
- Variable speed and TURBO boost
- Powerful 56V MaxLithium battery
- Overcharging the battery voids your warranty
2. EGO 142 MPH 575 CFM Variable-Speed 56-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Leaf Blower with 5.0 Ah Battery
The EGO Leaf Blower with 5.0 Ah battery comes in at 124 miles per hour, and has 575 cubic feet per minute – one of the most powerful battery blowers in its tier. It comes Turbine fan engineering with a brushless motor included. This blower has a 5.0ah battery with a 56V arc lithium battery that powers all EGO products.
It’s super quiet, and features a weather resistant construction. The EGO blower comes with a spread nozzle attachment and shoulder strap alongside its ergonomic design made for perfect balance and comfort. Some users have compared this leaf blower to being behind a jet engine in terms of power. It even has a built-in fan for cooling. Unfortunately, the turbo button on the mower doesn’t always work according to user reports.
- Incredibly quiet mower
- 0Ah battery
- 124 miles per hour/575 cubic feet per minute
- Comes with spread nozzle attachment
- Built-in fan for cooling
- Turbo button doesn’t always work
3. Echo CBL-58V2AH Leaf Blower
The Echo CBL-58V battery powered leaf blower features a brushless motor designed around giving incredible power, run time, and longevity. The ECHO blower has clearing power that’s comparable to gas powered blowers. It’s equipped with a variable speed trigger and cruise control settings.
It weighs 11 pounds, and comes with an integrated metal scraper on the tip of the tube, allowing it to power through most debris. Users can choose between multiple settings for ultimate customization. Though, it’s important to note that some users received this blower in a damaged package with a defective battery. It’s a loud blower, but it’s powerful and gets the job done.
- Powerful 58V battery
- Incredible power/run-time
- Variable speed trigger
- Cruise control settings
- Weighs 11 pounds
- Some users receive a damaged product
4. BLACK+DECKER LSW36 40V Lithium Ion Cordless Sweeper
The BLACK+DECKER LSW36 uses 40 volts of power, and takes advantage of a Lithium Ion battery, with the run-time to last through a ton of tough jobs. A Power Command varies up the speed based on the usage, resulting in the best run-time and power possible. This blower has a built in scrape to loosen leaves and sticky debris.
It features a soft grip handle, and only weighs 4.7 pounds. It also contains a variable power switch for customization, and absolutely incredible battery life. Unfortunately, this blower is known to be loud, has an uncomfortably angled handle, and an awfully placed on/off switch. It sticks at times, and will have to be pressed sometimes up to 15 times to get it to work.
- Uses 40 volts of power
- Takes advantage of a Lithium Ion battery
- Power Command takes control when needed
- A light blower
- Incredible battery life
- Variable power switch
- Uncomfortably angled handle
- Sticky on/off button
5. DEWALT DCBL790M1 40V MAX 4.0 Ah Lithium Ion XR Brushless Blower
The DEWALT 40V brushless blower uses 40 volts of power, and has a MAX 4.0 Lithium Ion battery, alongside its charger. The brushless motor is super quiet at under 65 decibels, and the mower contains a full variable trigger for ultimate speed control. It has Xenon housing for incredible durability, with 120 miles per hour air volume and 400 cubic feet per minute power.
This blower has a comfort grip handle, weighs just under 15 pounds, and comes with a 3 year warranty upon purchase. The DEWALT offers incredibly durability and impact resistance, and the handle is well positioned and optimized for your comfort. It also has a blow molded foot for protection during heavy usage. Unfortunately, the battery has been reported to go out fairly quickly, so that’s important to keep in mind while purchasing.
- MAX 4.0 Lithium Ion battery
- Quiet brushless motor
- Full variable trigger
- Xenon house
- Incredibly comfortable
- Impact resistant/durable
- Blow molded foot
- Battery goes out quickly
6. Ryobi RY40402A 155 mph 300 CFM 40-Volt Lithium-ion Cordless Jet Fan Blower
The Ryobi 40-Volt cordless jet fan blower comes with a 40-volt lithium ion battery, and a user comfortable soft grip handle. It features a jet fan design for ultimate power, and a variable speed trigger for entirely customizable control, though it’s important to note that the battery and charger are not included, only the tool comes with your purchase.
This tool features gas-like power without the gas or oil, and produces 155 miles per hour winds with 300 cubic feet per minute. It weighs 5.5 pounds, and is an ideal blower for a large yard. It’s best to have two batteries for this tool, as one battery tends to run for 15-20 minutes on average. It’s one of the most powerful blowers of its tier.
- Cordless jet fan blower
- 40-volt lithium-ion battery
- Variable speed trigger
- Jet fan design
- Gas-like power
- 155 MPH/300 CFM
- 5 pounds
- Battery only runs for 15-20 minutes
7. GreenWorks 24252 G-MAX 40V 150 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower, (2Ah) Battery and Charger Included
The GreenWorks G-MAX cordless blower contains a 2Ah battery and charger with your purchase. It’s designed for longer run time and more power than most blowers of its tier, and the variable speed mower delivers winds of up to 150 miles per hour and 135 cubic feet per minute. The blower has five different purchasing bundles, offering sales combined with the battery and charger, with a jet blower, or with just the blower and nothing else.
It has an instant electric start, and makes 50% less noise and vibration than other blowers in its tier. The GreenWorks is a very light blower, and it’s quiet enough to use no matter the time. Depending on the battery you get, you’re looking at different charge times as well. The 2AH battery charges in 60 minutes, while the 4AH battery needs 120 minutes to fully juice up. The battery lasts for about half of it’s charge time. This blower is only 3.3 pounds, and comes with a 4 year warranty on the product and a 2 year warranty on the battery. It’s important to note that some users have experienced less than optimal battery run-times, so you may want to consider buying an extra battery or two upon purchasing this blower.
- 150 miles per hour and 135 cubic feet per minute
- It’s only 3.3 pounds
- Comes with a 4 year product warranty and a 2 year battery warranty
- 50% less noise and vibration than other motors of its tier
- Five different purchasing bundles
- Battery charges quickly
- Some users experience less than optimal runtimes
8. Oregon Cordless 40V Max BL300 Blower Kit with 4.0 Ah Battery Pack and Standard Charger
The Oregon Cordless 40V comes with a 4.0 Ah battery pack and a standard charger, though a 6.0 Ah pack or no pack at all are alternative packages offered. The 40V battery is made of lithium ion for maximum run time, and its premium cell technology means it’s a constant no-fade and will hold a charge in storage for months – a nice touch. This blower contains a premium blower tech, meaning it’s high performance with a fan that maximizes blower output.
The Oregon contains an air speed of 132 miles per hour and an air volume of 507 cubic feet per minute. It’s designed with comfort in mind, and is light weight. This blower features a large variable speed trigger and a turbo button for a quicker workflow. The standard 4.0Ah battery charges in about 210 minutes.
It’s battery is compatible with all Oregon cordless products – saving you money if you stick with the brand – and the consumer level tool comes with a 3 year tool warranty and a 2 year battery warranty. The professional level tool has a two year warranty for both the tool and the battery.
- Multiple choices of battery pack
- 132 miles per hour/507 cubic feet per minute
- Designed with comfort in mind
- Variable speed trigger and turbo button
- Charges in 210 minutes
- Battery is compatible with all Oregon cordless products
- 3 year tool warranty and 2 year battery warranty
- None to be found
9. Makita XBU02PTX1 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless Blower Kit & Brushless Angle Grinder (5.0 Ah)
The Makita 36V cordless blower comes with a 5.0AH and two 18V batteries adding up to a 36 volt charge. The Makita-built motor pushes out 120 miles per hour wind and 473 cubic feet per minute. The blower comes with a 6-stage air velocity/volume selection dial with variable speed control trigger. Also, the Makita produces zero emissions and there’s no need for gas or oil.
It’s a brushless motor, with a double housing structure to minimize noise levels, allowing you to blow whatever time you need. Alongside this is an additional sponge inside the housing. It has has up to 50% more run time and motor life than other blowers of its tier, and up to 3x faster charging than others of it’s tier as well. The blower weighs 28 pounds.
- Comes with two 18V batteries adding up to a 36 volt charge
- 120 miles per hour/ 472 cubic feet per minute
- Brushless motor with double housing structure
- Lots of noise absorption
- 50% more run time and motor life than other blowers of its tier.
- Up to 3x faster charging
- Only weighs 28 pounds
- None to be found